We have a current opportunity for a L&D Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Amsterdam.
The firm goes through unprecedented change, growth and evolution, it is essential that they have an international approach to developing the skills and capabilities required of their employees and partners both now and in the future. The L&D Manager role is central to this goal.
The purpose of the role is to contribute towards the firm's global vision by enabling our people to acquire the skills and capabilities to be successful. The L&D manager is responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders to identify learning needs; design, develop and deliver learning and development interventions aligned to the Academy roadmap. This role will act as an internal consultant, building relationships at all levels to enable influencing the achievement of the desired learning culture in the firm.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Consult with stakeholders to ascertain what learning is required to deliver the components of the business strategy
- Enable the HR community, supporting them with relevant learning and development expertise, thought leadership and best practice
- Manage relationships with Knowledge Partners and other learning providers to continue the delivery of one-firm learning
- Lead conversations across international stakeholders to identify opportunities to develop consistent, high impact Academy learning programmes
- Provide an access point to learning, providing information, advice and guidance about all areas of L&D across the firm
- Share best practice widely across the firm
- Act as project lead for agreed international, regional programmes and projects to continue the progression of the Academy
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate learning needs into compelling, high impact learning experiences
- Leverage international content and programmes to deliver regional and local development requirements
- Create learning experiences or produce design briefs for learning
- Ensure a blended learning approach for all learning experiences; with minimal time away from the business for participants and maximum impact
- Use learning metrics and feedback to measure impact and improve learning products and services
- Undertake continuous research to develop and drive learning best practice across the firm
- Identify and lead opportunities to align and integrate the values and diversity and inclusion across the learning and development products and services
- Facilitate learning, face to face and virtually, for both the Academy and team away days
- Communicate and embed the international CLR process in collaboration with the L&D Specialist CLR , local CLR contacts and OGC
- Deliver local CLR development activities as required in collaboration with L&D Specialist CLR, local CLR contacts and OGC
- Act as point of contact for local ad hoc queries
Skills, experience and characteristics:
- A sound knowledge of human resource fundamentals, with a solid focus on all aspects of learning and development. This would be developed through extensive experience in an in-house learning and development role. Ideally, experience across multiple geographies, and varied client groups / stakeholders
- Learning and Development; designing, developing and embedding high impact, innovative learning solutions to drive business performance and grow capability in an international organisation
- Project Management; ability to lead projects across international matrix
- Experience of engaging international HR Business Partners to deliver learning and development solutions
- Consultancy; identifying, analysing, planning and delivering priority projects
- Relationship Management; engaging and influencing stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Supplier Management; sourcing and managing external suppliers
- Facilitation; experience facilitating learning experiences across a diverse range of topics and audiences and through a variety of methods
- High level of professionalism and personal accountability
- Able to challenge and influence constructively, combined with high levels of resilience
- Pragmatic thinker, with a curiosity and passion for driving best practice and realistic innovation
- Comfortable operating with ambiguity, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative working style
- A self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- A strong team player who thinks internationally
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of how the firm makes money and apply this in their conversations and decision making
The Learning and Development Team are positioned within the Talent Development function and as one of the communities of expertise within HR, working seamlessly as an expert team along with specialists in Talent Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership, Engagement, Performance Management and Wellbeing. This team has a profound impact in enabling a high performing workforce which differentiates our firm, impacts client experience and is aligned to the strategic priorities for the Firm.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.