I'm pleased to share that I'm currently supporting a Professional Services firm in the search for their Interim HR Director to manage the HR function while the permanent search is taking place. Contract length, 6 months to start within the next month.
This role oversees and drives the strategic direction, planning, coordination, execution and measurement of the People Experience function. The role leads the development of the firm's People Strategy which is aligned with the firm's four year business plan.
This role reports to the Managing Partner and attends the Management Board meetings, to have a holistic understanding of and provide input on all strategic issues and objectives facing the firm. It's recognised that without its people, it's impossible for the firm to deliver on its business plans, hence the importance of a clear, influential and impactful people strategy. The incumbent fulfilling this role has the gravitas and strategic capability to make a meaningful contribution, command respect and be a trusted adviser to provide value at all levels of the firm, but particularly at partner level. The role will collaborate closely with the heads of business support functions on business support strategy and operational excellence.
This role holds a key role in the guardianship of living the firms values and culture, however the whole firm is responsible for ensuring a culture of inclusion, engagement and fairness and bringing the values to life in every part of their jobs.
The role collaborates with the Management Board to devise the firm's overall workforce plan and talent strategies to ensure the sustainable and proactive engagement, development and retention of the firms partners and employees.
Compliance with regulatory and legal requirements is an essential element of this role, thus transparency and collaboration with peers, colleagues and external stakeholders are essential to maintain the firm's excellent risk profile.
This role is responsible for identifying trends, evaluating market conditions and business needs, and ultimately collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and peers to deliver appropriate people experience solutions to the firm, enabling growth and an outstanding people experience. Complementary to this is developing and maintaining the People Experience annual budgets, including responsibility for the firm's overall L&D budget. Peer to peer networks in the professional services and accountancy industries are also core to delivering the above-mentioned practices.
The incumbent provides thought leadership to both the People Experience team, the Management Board and partners. They have a broad network across professional services to benchmark practices, are well researched in all matters to do with people and can provide pragmatic and creative solutions to problems and challenges.
The People Experience team is comprised of at least 30 team members based and partnered across the United Kingdom and Dublin. The team is currently undergoing a transformational process, with new structures, ways of working and partnering, and new roles and titles in line with the firm's growing size and ambitions. The incumbent is key to ensuring the goals and objectives of the transformation are supported and achieved.
The firm has also initiated a project review of all of its HR systems and this project will require sponsorship and support from this role going forward.
Leadership and caring passionately about their colleagues is a core attribute to this role's success. This will be done by role modelling, empowering and motivating their own team as well as setting examples to the business on inspiring leadership practice.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the partnership and People Experience team to design, implement and facilitate people management and development strategies in support of the firm's business plan objectives. This will include working with the Managing Partner on a key partner development programme in 2022.
- Enhance and sustain the firms employment brand in alignment with the firm's values, mission and vision, to continue to attract high quality employees to the firm.
- Develop a competitive and compelling total reward offering which ensures recognition of high performance and the maintenance of good standards of living across all our people.
- Linked to the above, developing and maintaining performance standards that enable the firm to deliver the excellent client service it's known for, as well as enabling people to thrive in their professional capacities.
- Steer and design robust and evidence-based interventions to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion across the firm and to enhance the firm's external brand. Measurement of impact will be key to the success of these initiatives.
- Act as a trusted adviser and strategic partner to employees, managers as well as the partners
- Implement employee engagement activities to ensure high motivation, morale and satisfaction.
- Lead appropriate change management or culture enhancing initiatives.
- Maintain the trusted brand across all people-related issues, working together with management and employees to create solutions and implement them.
- Continuous review to look for opportunities for automation, enhance analytics and value-added outputs to the firm.
This role is responsible for upholding the firms values and ensuring they limit any compromise to both the firms employment and People Experience brands. As the holders of this far-reaching portfolio, they should always represent their team and colleagues in the most positive light.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.