A top tier global Professional Services firm are currently looking to hire their Interim HR Director to support a maternity cover for a 14/15 month contract.
Reporting into the Chief Talent officer, the HR Director has a central role in the London office, providing professional HR advice and support to all areas of the business, managing a team of 7 with three direct reports.
Specific responsibilities will include ensuring the consistent application of HR policies and procedures throughout the business, managing employment issues, providing employee relations and employment law advice and guidance to the Leadership Team, and managing the HR function to high standards. A key advisor and influencer to all leaders of the business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage HR programmes and activities across the life cycle of all employees.
- Implement global HR programmes, and design additional local programmes as
- Provide coaching and advice to the leadership team on HR programme initiatives and
- how to manage employee related issues within their teams. Work collaboratively with
- Programme Managers, Business Function Managers, Partners and leaders across the
- offices on various initiatives including performance and promotion management,
- communication, morale, and retention efforts.
- Take leadership role in minimizing employment law risk. Keep abreast of changing
- employment law, re-drafting and implementing policies, and advising management
- accordingly. Act as one of the individuals to whom employees can raise related
- Act as main point of contact for all employee relations issues. Provide counselling,
- guidance and coaching for employees, helping them handle difficulties and diffusing
- Manage the HR Department to high standards. Keep HR systems and activities under
- constant review to ensure high levels of customer service, efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage and develop HR team members.
- Develop and manage departmental budget ensuring investment is made aligned to the
- business needs
- Awareness of local Business Function budgets across functions to be able to advise and
- influence decisions
- Manage the performance management process for all staff ensuring legal compliance,
- aligning with staffing on people issues, connecting individuals who exit the business
- Manage employee exits ensuring legal compliance, exit interviews and any transitionsspecification
- Manage the annual benchmarking process for all staff. Review and implement
- compensation principles all Business Function and consulting based on business need
- Lead Safety and Security team in conjunction with global policies
- Participate in and lead as needed cross-region and global projects/initiatives
- Contributes actively in making the firm a great place to work, and where/when possible,
- participates in specific office related projects
- Support to the London CTO on HR strategy in line with business needs
These responsibilities are by no means exhaustive and the HR Director will be expected to be involved in additional projects/tasks as required.
- This role will suit someone who has worked as a Senior HR Manager/Head of HR in a professional services Partnership environment.
- Proven experience in working with staff (performance and morale management, delivering of difficult messages to employees, etc.) and experience in advisory roles to management on issues such as performance, employee relations, organization, morale, legal, etc.
- Creative problem solver with sound business judgment, who manages processes to completion/drives to closure
- Fair, consistent, approachable, firm when necessary, reserves judgment, discrete and detail oriented ("eye for detail")
- Balance energy/enthusiasm and calm/maturity
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Clear and logical thinker
- Able to deal with highly confidential information
- Proactive, confident and motivated
- Possessing excellent influencing skills and client relationship management skills
- Possessing strong customer orientation and interpersonal skills; effective team player
- Presentable, discrete and diplomatic
- +8 years of all round HR experience, including all verticals
- Broad HR skill-set, with a focus on employment law and employee relations
- Demonstrated success in managing complex employee issues
- History of advising leadership and staff
- Experience supervising others
- International HR experience across the globe is desired
- Background in a professional services environment would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level with preferably CIPD qualification
9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday, although a reasonable amount of flexibility is required
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.