I'm delighted to share that I'm currently supporting a strategy consulting firm in the search for their interim Head of People (HR) on a fixed-term contract for a 14 month maternity cover. The Head of People is a critical role, fundamental to running and building our People function.
The Head of People is responsible for leading, managing and connecting all People efforts, working collaboratively with our partners. The Head of People will have two direct reports: (1) UK based People assistant and (2) in-house recruitment manager. However we plan to bring on board a US based HR Executive/Manager during 2022, to augment the team and provide more support to our US employees, this role will also report directly to the Head of People.
The Head of People will work closely with and report to both the UK People Partner and US People Partner. The role is responsible for overseeing the delivery of all aspects of the employee lifecycle in both the UK and US, to ensure continuity in HR support for employees and partners.
The role will also require working alongside partners on HR/People related matters; providing policy direction, people benefits, ensuring alignment to HR legislation where necessary, ensuring that all HR/People processes are managed effectively and doing all of this whilst remaining in line with the firms approach and culture.
In addition, the Head of People works closely with other partners of the firm, to ensure that People focused activities and projects are closely aligned to the firms strategy, people strategy and DE&I strategy.
Previous experience of managing a hybrid working team across two international locations will be beneficial. The successful candidate will have solid operational HR experience in a professional services environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Work alongside the partners to support the shaping and delivery of People projects in line with the firm's strategy
- Lead on all elements of HR/People related matters
- Provide policy and HR legislation-related input to UK and US hubs (working with our legal partners as necessary)
- Support any reactive HR needs (e.g. performance management, wellbeing & support, etc)
- Manage and develop the People Team.
The successful candidate will have a strong HR background in a professional services environment, and must be able to demonstrate strong judgement in applying best practice HR in a way that fits firms unique culture. They are willing to be flexible and adapt their approach depending on the situation whilst upholding the firms values and expectations of the Partner group. The ideal candidate can quickly build good relationships across the business (at all levels), and instinctively knows where to prioritise efforts.
An individual in this role must observe the highest standards of confidentiality, even when under pressure to share information. All personal data must be protected under professional and legal provisions.
Desirable knowledge & experience:
- A minimum of 12 experience in HR including, covering generalist, employee relations
- Experience working in support of a Partnership or similarly structured organisation, working on HR initiatives with busy senior leaders
- Knowledge and understanding of the Management Consulting industry and the type of work that the firm performs is advantageous but not mandatory
- Sound understanding of key HR areas (e.g. Benefits, Policy and Process - including a good understanding of employment law, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition and Management, Learning, Development and Training, DE&I, Mental Health & Wellbeing)
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.