- HR Director
- Leading International School
- Location: China
Our client, one of the most highly regarded international schools in the world, is seeking a HR Director to join and lead the HR team based in China. Reporting in to the Group Head of HR based in another location, this individual will be responsible for partnering the CEO, COO and respective schools within the group across China, as they continue to grow in a strategic and operational HR Generalist position.
More specifically, the HR Director, based in China, will:
* Partner closely with and coach the board and CEO as well as functional heads
* Manage annual HR processes and advisory, including; Employee Relations, Recruitment, Engagement, Performance Management, Learning & Training, Compensation & Benefits, Policy, HR Ops, Reporting, and Onboarding
* Manage and develop the Group HR team consisting of 5 people, consisting of generalists and specialists, also supporting the respective school HR Managers with any ad-hoc or group related people matters
* Drive group wide HR / People projects such as opening and growing new schools across China, rolling out engagement and wellbeing surveys etc
This individual, will ideally already be operating in a HR Director or HR Ops Director role with another international school, likely based in another geography. You may also currently be working in a broader education organisation, or professional services firm with a passion for education. They are looking for someone naturally passionate, consultative and engaging, who is comfortable partnering directly with the board, leadership team and Bursars to coach, advise and support the organisation.
You will have experience managing and developing a team and will ideally benefit from having extensive cross-cultural work experience, being culturally sensitive. Excellent written and spoken communication skills are a must. The ability to speak mandarin would be beneficial but is not required.
Essential: Experience operating as an HR Director or HR Ops Director within another international school or education corporation with extensive international and team management experience, and willing to relocate to China on an expat package.
Thanks for your time. Please apply to find out more about this role, or if you are open to other HR opportunities and want to discuss the market.
Successful Referrals are rewarded - so share their details with us!
Director - Head of Financial & Professional Services
Personnel Registration Number: R1987572
EA Licence No: 17S8475
Note: We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.