Head of People, Law firm, Reading, £60,000, excellent benefits and including subsidised parking, discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday, income protection, life assurance
Working for a well respected Law firm who are looking for a Head of People to join the business, the firm has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years updating systems, processes etc and this role will be to drive the people strategy forward with the support of a small HR team.
- Responsible for the HR function reporting into a Partner in the business
- Responsible for everything HR related, from recruitment, policy, process, ER, Reward to learning, development, career succession and projects.
- Supporting the Partners in all people related matters, working with the training specialist to create a strategy to support and develop employees
- Working on projects such as; Implement an apprenticeship scheme, well-being initiatives, competency and appraisal framework, implementation of a new HRIS
- Continually Review policy processes, ensure they are all fit for purpose for the future
- Although the role has projects this role has a big lean on BAU for the business.
- Manage the small HR team and support them in their career progression
- Experience within the Legal sector or a Professional Service organisation with Partner set up/structure highly desirable
- Either operating at Head of People level already or at HR Manager or Senior HRBP ready to take that next step in their career with the relevant people management and experience
- You will have strong generalist experience in HR and enjoy working in a Partnership environment
- Experience of implementing projects, but also very happy to support with the BAU items on a daily basis
- Team management experience and experience of dealing with all levels of seniority
- CIPD level 7 or knowledge gained through experience
- If you have experience of psychometric testing an added bonus but not essential.
This role will be based from the Reading office and allow flexible working to consist of 2 days from home with core hours between 10am - 4pm
If interested please apply online
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.