Are you a seasoned HR leader with a passion for building and evolving HR processes for a fast-growing business? We've been exclusively retained on a search with a fast-growing, British Law firm who are undertaking the next step in the evolution of their HR journey, both locally and globally.
Germany makes up one quarter of their global business, with four of their sixteen offices located in the country (Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich and, soon to be opened, Düsseldorf) with more than 170 lawyers and 30 Partners. Germany is central to their future growth plans, and to achieve this they need a forward thinking, modern HR leader to help them achieve their goals. The successful incumbent can be located in any of their four offices, though a willingness to travel will be required, to build relationships both locally and with the global stakeholders.
The business are looking for a strong HR Leader who will continue to transform the function both locally and on the international stage - one team, thinking globally and acting locally. The first stage is to continue developing an HR function that can provide a 'best in class' HR service partnering with the business in a pro-active way. This role is a fantastic opportunity for a growth-minded individual to develop a high performing HR function for the German business and to contribute to the success of the HR function globally.
A primary focus of this role is to implement the HR plan to ensure the firm's strategic objectives are achieved. Some of these include:
- Continuing the quality growth of the firm
- Continuing long term profit improvement
- To professionalise our business functions, teams and business processes
- To develop agility and be ready for change in the face of market disruption
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary focus of this role is to act as a trusted adviser covering the entire scope of HR, from strategic to operational delivery. Key activities will include:
Developing and promoting our employer brand - diverse candidate attraction, recruitment and selection - working closely with partners and directors to determine resourcing needs and budget, promoting the employer brand, planning and conducting recruitment campaigns, advising on selection and determining the remuneration package.
Talent management - working in conjunction with the leadership team and partners to understand the current and future business needs (utility, shape, knowledge and skills). Helping group heads and partners to identify, motivate and retain diverse & talented people in the business. Coaching/supporting potential partners.
Performance management - drive a high-performance culture by setting expectations of performance, providing guidance and coaching, commercial advice and proactive management of people matters.
Culture & development - identifying development needs and liaising with the L&D team to co-create and agree solutions. Taking steps to further develop a diverse and inclusive culture.
Employee Relations - advising and supporting on HR matters including the impact of employment law in relation to grievances, disciplinary matters, capability issues, flexible working, long and short-term sickness absence, mediation, restructurings and redundancies.
Reward - develop the approach and lead on market positioning of reward, drawing on insights and market data, making recommendations in relation to all aspects of compensation and benefits. Oversight of employee payroll, benefits administration and management information.
Engagement - understand the drivers of employee and partner engagement and make recommendations for improvement; develop a consistent approach to people management and a collaborative culture.
Change management - to influence and support change management initiatives underway across the firm - eg transition to agile working across our four offices, the development of our leadership roles in Germany.
Annual processes - guiding client groups through the annual people processes in relation to salary review, promotions and appraisals.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate and present (written and oral)
- Able to demonstrate credibility and build rapport with partners and senior managers
- Collaborative management style, adept at building people networks and teams
- Service oriented mind-set
- Commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Works autonomously and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Good understanding of key business challenges facing the legal sector, demonstratable experience using HR experience to address these
- Experience in developing and leading on strategy development and implementation
- Extensive generalist HR knowledge with experience as strategic HR Business Partner / country or regional HR Lead within a professional services environment
- Deep technical skills in attraction & recruiting, reward, talent management and culture change
- Strong technical HR understanding including local labour law
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.