Our client is a Dutch multinational, one of the world's leading semiconductor equipment suppliers with a sales turnover of more than € 1,100 million. It has over 2,500 employees based in 16 countries, including the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China and Singapore, and representing 28 nationalities. The company benefits from this diverse perspective and the advantages of bringing together the best brains in the world to create new breakthrough innovation, turning today's challenges into tomorrow's opportunities.
Our client is looking for a Senior Director, Global People Partner to support the corporate R&D and supporting functions.
The corporate R&D organization consists of 127 employees across the globe (US, Europe & Asia). Approximately 90% of the R&D population are professionals with a Phd.
The supporting functions consist of approximately 300 employees in total, with the majority in IT (100), Finance (80) and HR (50). Therefore, the key internal stakeholders in this role are the CFO and CTO and their leadership teams, both based in the global HQ in Almere. The Quality function is also part of the supporting functions group and currently consists of 20 employees but is targeted for growth to 100 employees by 2022. Other stakeholders are equally important yet their teams are smaller in size.
The Global People partner will be leveraging the resources in the countries through setting direction and fostering collaboration.
The role reports into the Corporate Director People US &Europe
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers pro-active support towards senior executives, anticipates on business needs
- Focuses primarily on strategic activities, such as organization & leadership development, culture and engagement, employer of choice and strategic workforce planning
- Focuses on understanding business and functional strategy and competitive landscape (Business acumen)
- Translates business needs into effective HR strategy and approach (interventions)
- Deploys proactively HR strategy and HR process to drive business impact
- Collaborates closely with Centres of Expertise (COE) and Country people teams to ensure cost effective HR service and right HR solutions
- Acts as Interface from business to Centres of Expertise
- Responds to business critical challenges arising from the client's operations (directing/coordinating)
- Sets up and (co)leads HR projects, as well contributes actively in global HR projects
- 10 years plus of experience in HR BP roles, including a senior role in a multinational company with experience working successfully in a global matrix environment
- Experienced in working / has been working in a high tech environment
- Has worked with or has affinity with R&D
- Preferably a Master Degree
- Experience in translating business needs into tangible people plans (tactical and strategic level)
- Credible business partner able to operate as part of a senior leadership team with the gravitas to influence and coach at this level
- Strong in influencing skills and proactive self starter, building strong partnerships with stake holders.
- Excellent business English with strong cultural awareness and the ability to communicate effectively with business and HR stakeholders across the globe.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Regional and intercontinental travel will be required
- This position is located in Almere, Netherlands
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.