We have a current opportunity for a Employee Relations Specialist on a permanent basis.
The Role - HR Policy & Employee Relations Specialist
Job Summary: To partner with Culture & People (C&P) and the business on employee relations matters, providing specialist employee relations, employment law and change management advice and guidance on a global scale. You will work closely with teams globally to ensure compliance and best practise is embedded throughout the organisation.
- Act as primary advisor to C&P team and wider business, providing accurate and appropriate labor and employment-related legal advice and counsel across those issues.
- SME in all areas of employment law, and conduct yearly revisions of contracts, policies, employee handbooks, documents, etc, keeping on top of key employment law and best practice changes within the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Implement/update HR policy and procedures ensuring it fits to local business needs whilst ensuring an appropriate level of consistency and compliance.
- Research and keep up to date with other legislation that impacts people related matters, including but not limited data regulations and laws, global mobility considerations and contractor/worker governance.
- Establish strong working relationships across C&P, in particular Business Partners (BP's), HR Operations as well as business managers to develop an understanding of the business priorities.
- Advising staff and management on policies, procedures, and best practice related to ER matters through clear communications to the wider business.
- Provide support with case management, and give guidance on best practice to resolve employment issues.
- Be the primary contact for and manage our external legal counsel and partners as needed, particularly in international jurisdictions, in a cost-effective manner.
- In conjunction with Planning and Governance Manager, manage professional services budget in respect of employment law advice.
- Lead on preparation and management of any tribunal cases, depositions and other employment related legal matters as and when required.
- Advise on the creation of employee forums where these are legally required aligned to our growth.
- Create and deliver briefings and L&D offerings on HR polices and employment legislation/ case law to the team and wider business as needed
- Be a support to the company on large scale change programmes as required.
- Manage the tracking of employee relations cases and report on notable patterns and trends
- Be involved in people related projects a required
Education and Qualifications
- HR qualification would be beneficial
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills - good working knowledge of MS Office, well developed spreadsheet skills
- Able to communicate complex information with others, both verbally and in writing
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- A background in the development of HR policies and procedures
- Must be a self-starter and proactive
- Ability to manage stakeholders and challenge/influence others constructively
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience within an Employee Relations role and/or HR operational experience in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed employment law understanding within the UK and the US
- Some employment law experience within APAC, Europe and Canada would be desirable
- Proven experience supporting a global business with employee relations
- Experience of working in a regulated environment within banking, financial service and insurance would be advantageous
- Experience of managing medium to high risk ER cases to conclusion.
The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.